Monday, September 6, 2010

1,2,3,4, Clear the Floor it's DISCO war!

So many demands on my time! And my favourite bits like this don’t seem to get a look in sometimes because of other non fun bits, like work. Oh well, caution to the wind, I am making time today.

Tonight is raid night! I’m looking forward to that immensely. We only have Rohan Theer left in Palace and wow, that fight looks like so much fun, I really cannot wait to have a crack at it. For those who haven’t done it, I (think) it goes something like this...

Big Ugly hovering in the middle of a dark black room with golden symbols all round. Beneath the ugly there is a set of squares, looking rather like a chess board, or in my funky eyes, a seventies disco dance floor (1, 2, 3 , 4, Clear the floor it’s disco war!). Around the platform with the disco floor is an abyss. Ok, now the scene is set.

So when the pull is made some of the disco tiles disappear. If you are on it, you fall to a miserable death. Some change colour. Some colours are beneficial, others bring about miserable death. At each corner of the disco dance floor a rune appears. The mob uses these to buff himself and bring about your miserable death, or simply to bring about your miserable death. All sounds like great fun huh? Oh yeah, nasty wicked rear knockback to send you off the dance floor in to the disco toilets where you will receive your miserable death.

I know it sounds like a nutty fight, but man it sounds soooo much fun. I can’t wait. I think I’m gonna have to dig out my funk collection and get my flares on to see this one through. I’ll let you know how I get on.

On a different and completely less fun tone, I would like to pass my sincere condolences to Shoya Tomizowas family and friends. The Japanese Moto2 rider at the age of 19 passed away yesterday following a harrowing accident during the Misano race. A very exciting young talent, cut short in his prime. It is a very real reminder to all the other racers out there that despite the huge leaps forward in safety it is still one of the most dangerous sports out there. Their simply stunning talent lulls us and them in to a false sense of security. On the back of the very sad death of thirteen year old Peter Lenz in a support race at this years Indianapolis MotoGP weekend, it has been a very very sad few weeks for the sport. Rest in Peace, Shoya . ご冥福を祈ります。

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment