Thursday, February 18, 2010

The rain in Spain..

Well, it’s been raining hard here now for about 3 days. It’s relentless. Floods everywhere, traffic jams, angry people. I swear that when it rains in Spain [it falls mainly on the plain? – Ed] it is very similar to the U.K when it snows. The place seems to come to a standstill. Not surprising really though. They understandably don’t have that much rain here and so treat it the same way the U.K treats snow fall, which is with kind of a lethargy until it happens then someone has to hit the ‘oh crap’ button.

So, all the rain has killed my motorbike. It was sat out the back of work all day yesterday in the pouring rain and it seems that water has got in to the immobiliser and now the old girl won’t start.

Wow! I get half way through moaning about how the bike won’t work, go outside and bam! She works first time. Very strange, I guess the moisture must have dried out. Now I just have to find out how the water got in and I’m laughing.

Few good sessions on Lotro recently and I have learnt a fair bit too. Little but important things. Things that confuse the heck out of you when you start a new MMORPG. Like what the abbreviated chat means. In EQ2 I know when someone shouts “LFM, ToMC, T3/myth min” what they are talking about. But when someone shouts in Lotro “5/6 GB EM LRM” I was kind of lost. Luckily my Bro clued me in on all of this. I know I won’t know all of the initials of the instances as I won’t come across most of them until later, but things like ‘EM’ I do need to know about. EM = Easy Mode, which basically refers to the grading of the instance. You can do a HM (Hard Mode) version, but understandably it’s much harder but the loot tables are much better. Of the course the extra challenge is fun too.

A few other little niggly things got sorted this last few nights also. Like how to use the auction house, how to use an outfitter, mounts and a few other things. Basic knowledge that will help me a load later on. With any MMO I feel it’s important to learn this stuff as soon as you can. That way it’s much easier to become immersed in the game instead of feeling like an outsider who has no clue about what’s going on [Really? You don’t feel like an outsider all the time? Strange – Ed].

So I downloaded EQ”s new expansion, Sentinel’s Fate for Ema last night and she spent pretty much all evening exploring and having fun. To quote “It’s fun you’d like it. The areas aren’t dingy and depressing like in TSO. Quite a lot of questing though and running around”. Sounds like SF might be a more attractive expansion to me than TSO. I know it’s shallow, but I just can’t get along with the TSO zones. They are so gloomy and depressing. I have enough of that crap looking at the real world. That’s one of the reasons I so love d RoK. The wide open spaces, light and airy not oppressive at all. Even Skyfire had some colour to break up the gloomy grey.

Anyhow, I’ll be checking SF out this weekend probably, so I’ll let you know what I think. I’ll probably only activate one of my EQ2 accounts and I am still deciding which of those that will be. For easy soloing I think Voltaan the Bruiser, but Adurj is by far the best kitted out and will more than likely be needed much more later on. I’m still undecided. On top of that I intend to play Lotro a fair bit this weekend too. A lot to fit in!

Blogs from me might be a bit sparse over the next few weeks. Work pressure is taking up a huge amount of my time as it always does this time of year. So time is limited for me to sit around chatting ;)

Until next time,

Be well.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your wife Shah... SF is *gorgeous*. I've already taken Mai out to a couple of instances, and they are challenging, very large, and just so beautiful compared to the TSO instances.

    I don't think anyone could not like it. But that's me :)

    Hope eveything is going well for you.
    ~Mai

    ReplyDelete