Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Reading...


This is my current read. McMafia by Misha Glenny. An intrepid look at the dark underbelly of organised crime. I have only just started reading this last night but so far so good. I like the honesty of the book so far. The style Glenny uses makes the stories intimately interesting, yet never letting you forget that the information has been obtained through careful journalism and research. I like that balance. Some of the fantastical things in the book could be a Hollywood story but as the reader you are never allowed to wander off on to that path, with Glenny reminding you of the interesting yet stark reality of it all.

So far, so good. I’ll let you know what I think when I have had a chance to read more but it’s shaping up quite nicely. Those who know me will be aware that the content this book is directly linked to my work so the chances of me finding it uninteresting are slim, but I’ll let you know..

Be Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment